Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog #1

Blog 1: "How did you become interested in science, medicine, or engineering? What particular problems in science are subject areas which interest you?"

I became interested in science and engineering when I was still in middle school. What sparked my interest was definitely a magazine that my dad would buy for me called Popular Science. This magazine would have different articles about new inventions and technology. It is a really interesting magazine that I still read to this day.
I was always stuck in between biology and engineering, but I finally decided to enter into the College of Engineering last summer because I realized that there are much more job options for an engineer than someone who majored in biology. For example, with an undergraduate degree in engineering, someone can go into law, business, or medicine. Therefore, I liked the idea of having many job choices in my future.
The problem in science that interests me the most are handicaps in seeing and hearing. Therefore, I would also love to become an engineer that helps create tools for aiding people with those disabilities.



2 comments:

  1. I'm really tempted to make fun of you right now, but since its an assignment, I'll have to restrain. I agree with deciding to do engineering because it gives you a lot of options post graduation. That is one of the main reasons that I am an engineer also. I didn't realize that I wanted to do engineering until this year, so its good that you knew what you wanted to do since you were that young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Popular Science and all the inventions. Next to Sports Illustrated its probably my second favorite mag. Its good that you have passion for some type of problem in science because that will help motivate you to succeed. Hope you create something that aids those handicapped people out there and maybe you'll get your invention in a Popular Science magazine.

    ReplyDelete