Monday, February 1, 2010

Blog #2

Homework Assignment for Feburary 1


Twilight of the Books


I honestly found this article to be very interesting. I already knew before I started reading that less people read, but I never really saw strong data to support that claim. I really liked how the author used numbers, or statistics, to stregthen his points. Also, I liked how the author referred to history in several parts of the article. For example, it was very interesting to me how a written language affected the Egyptian and Summerian civilizations. The author did a great job at supporting his ideas by using several different types of support (like raw statistics and historical reference). That is what I liked most about this article because it made it more interesting to read.

To me, the notation system did not really help. I liked the idea of it, but I did not like how I found myself worrying more about the notation system than the actual article. I see how it can be helpful because it helps people remember how they reactedto certain parts of what they read, but I have never really had a problem with that. I usually remember everything about what I have read. Some people may like it,but i saw it more as a unnecessary task.

No comments:

Post a Comment