Friday, April 16, 2010

Blog 7

In this article, Weisman is talking about what would happen to the world after everyone is gone. He goes into some intense detail about nature would take over everything like houses and buildings because it would be free to grow without any human interference. One thing that really caught my attention about this subject was his statement about how everything people think is permenant really isn't. In class, Brian actually made a perfect example of this. He said that people think houses and buildings are permanent and that things like plastic bottles are not. However, in reality, buildings can easily be brought down be nature (as explained thoroughly by Weisman) and plastic bottles can't.
I liked the article, although Weisman had a certain tone against humanity that i didn't like that much. However, his intense description of a house being slowly deteriorated by nature was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. I do not know if everything will go exactly how he says it will because I doubt he's ever sat down for years and watched a building be destroyed by nature, but I do like his imaginative ideas about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment