Monday, April 5, 2010

The Checklist

The beginning anecdote in this article really caught my attention. In fact, the whole article really caught my attention. Never in my life did I think that someone could come back to life so many hours after dying! It really amazed me to see how something as complicated as surgery could be simplified and made efficient through something as simple as a checklist. When I sat back and thought about what I had just read, I realized that this article was completely right. I make myself a checklist of the things I have to do everyday, and this honestly helps me lower my stress levels and handle my day efficiently. Now the idea that surgeons don't make a checklist is what amazed me. If they know that doing so will significantly help the survival rate of their patients, then why not make one?
How can someone, even a professional, have a list of hundreds of steps in their mind? They can't. Therefore, I believe that it i vital for people to make these checklists, regardless of the situation they are in. Through this article it is obvious how helpful they can be. It saves lives. I know that throughout my life, I will make chacklists to help me get through my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment